Phlox stolonifera 'Sherwood Purple'
More About Phlox stolonifera 'Sherwood Purple'
- Low-growing species with a trailing habit
- Very fragrant, purple flowers form loose clusters above the foliage
- Semi-evergreen foliage with oblong to oval, green leaves
- Spreads by stolons to form large colonies
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
- Flower Height: 25 cm
- Foliage Height: 12 cm
Creeping Woodland Phlox Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best a humus, well-drained soil, with medium moisture, in partial shade, however, it will tolerate a shadier site. It is drought tolerant once established. Shear back after flowering to improve the overall appearance and to perhaps encourage new flowers throughout the summer. Provide good air circulation when choosing a location for this species to reduce the potential of powdery mildew. It is best to not prune in the fall and cleanup winter, damaged foliage in the spring.
Phlox stolonifera 'Sherwood Purple' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum