Phlox paniculata 'Red Riding Hood'
More About Phlox paniculata 'Red Riding Hood'
- Compact, clumping perennial
- Cherry-red, fragrant flowers with a faint, contrasting eye
- Individual flowers are densely arranged in large, terminal Clusters
- Blooms form on sturdy stems
- Narrow, opposite, pointed, lance-shaped, mid-green leaves
- Bloom Time: Mid to late summer
- Flower Height: 70 cm
- Foliage Height: 55 cm
Garden Phlox Growing and Maintenance Tips
Phlox paniculata grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. This cultivar has some tolerance of drought, although flowering will be affected. A summer mulch will help keep root zones cool. Deadhead to prolong bloom time and improve overall appearance. Provide good, air circulation when choosing a location for this species to reduce the potential of powdery mildew.
Phlox paniculata 'Red Riding Hood' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average