Phlox paniculata 'Blue Paradise'
More About Phlox paniculata 'Blue Paradise'
- Upright, clumping perennial
- Flowers open pale blue and darken to a deep violet-blue
- Individual flowers are densely arranged in large, terminal clusters
- Blooms form on sturdy stems mid to late summer
- Narrow, opposite, pointed, lance-shaped, mid-green leaves
- Fragrant flowers
- Foliage Height: 70 cm
- Flower Height: 90 cm
Garden Phlox Growing and Maintenance Tips
Phlox paniculata grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun to partial shade. This cultivar has some tolerance of drought, although flowering will be affected. A summer mulch will help keep root zones cool. Deadhead to prolong bloom time and improve overall appearance. Provide good, air circulation when choosing a location for this species to reduce the potential of powdery mildew.
Phlox paniculata 'Blue Paradise' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average