Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon'#PP12062, COPF
Also called Knotweed, Smartweed
More About Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon' (PP12062, COPF)
- AKA Polygonum microcephala 'Red Dragon'
- Clumps of tiny, white flowers rest on the foliage
- Lance-shaped leaves emerge a bronze-purple
- Mature leaves have a chocolate-brown centre surrounded by a burgundy-silver chevron
- Grown more for the foliage
- Bloom Time: August to September
Fleece Flower Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plant in full sun in a moisture retentive (soil should be consistently moist), organically rich soil. Use for edging border fronts, in rock gardens or as a ground cover. It can also be grown in light shade. Plants are easily divided in early spring.
Persicaria microcephala 'Red Dragon' (PP12062, COPF) Characteristics
Moist to Average