Persicaria affinis 'Dimity'
Also called Himalayan Fleece Flower, Knot weed
Suitable Substitutions for Persicaria affinis 'Dimity'
More About Persicaria affinis 'Dimity'
- AKA Polygonum affine 'Dimity'
- Flowers emerge a pale pink and open to a deep pink-red
- Dense spikes appear on a dark stalk
- Smooth, glossy, green, lanceolate leaves, 6 cm long
- Leaves turn a bronze-red in the fall
- Mat-forming ground cover
- Bloom Time: Late June to August
- Flower Height: 25 cm
- Foliage Height: 15 cm
- Flower Size: 7 cm
Dwarf Fleece Flower Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plant in full sun in a moisture retentive (soil should be consistently moist), organically rich soil. Use for edging border fronts, in rock gardens or as a ground cover. It can also be grown in light shade and along a stream or pond bank. Plants are easily divided in early spring.
Persicaria affinis 'Dimity' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils