Penstemon digitalis 'Husker Red'
More About Penstemon digitalis 'Husker Red'
- Two-lipped, pale pink to white, tubular flowers
- Loose, flower spikes on leafy red stems
- Foliage emerges deep burgundy
- Lance-shaped leaves fade to deep green with bronze hues by midseason
- Bloom Time: June to August
- Flower Height: 95 cm
- Foliage Height: 80 cm
The name penstemon is derived from 'Pente' (5) and 'stemon' referring to the five-stamened flowers.
Beardtongue Growing and Maintenance Tips
Drought tolerant, showy perennial when planted in mass. Easy to grow in full sun in the perennial border.
Penstemon digitalis 'Husker Red' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum