Pennisetum orientale 'Karley Rose'#PP12909
More About Pennisetum orientale 'Karley Rose' (PP12909)
- Forms a dense mounding clump of gray-green foliage
- Soft, dark pinkish-white bottlebrush-like flower spikes
- Upright and arching, flower spikes rise above the foliage on slender stalks
- Foliage turns a rich orange-bronze in the fall
- Bloom Time: June to October
- Flower Height: 100 cm
- Foliage Height: 90 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Oriental Fountain Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist, well-drained or sandy soil, in full sun to light shade. If planted in too much shade this grass will not flourish and may not flower. Grass should be planted with the crown slightly above or at soil level. Foliage should be cut back to almost ground level in early spring to allow for new growth. Pennisetum orientale very rarely self-seeds.
Pennisetum orientale 'Karley Rose' (PP12909) Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall