Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Hameln'
More About Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Hameln'
- Forms a dense, mounding clump of bright green foliage
- Soft, creamy-white bottlebrush-like flower spikes rise above the foliage on slender stalks
- Foliage turns a rich golden-yellow in the fall
- This is a good alternative if a smaller grass is desired
- Bloom Time: Late summer to early fall
- Flower Height: 90 cm
- Foliage Height: 60 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Dwarf Fountain Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in a moist, well-drained soil, in full sun to light shade. If planted in too much shade this grass will not flourish and may not flower. Foliage should be cut back to about 10 cm in early spring to allow for new growth. Pennisetum can reseed in optimum conditions.
Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Hameln' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall