More About 'Shinseiki'
- Pyrus pyrifolia 'Shinseiki'
- An Asian pear with medium to large, pale yellow-skinned fruit
- White flesh is firm, crisp and juicy
- Bears heavy crops of high-quality fruit
- Excellent storage life
- Ripens: Late August to mid-September
Commonly served raw and peeled, Asian pears are too moist for baking.
Shinseiki Asian Pear Growing and Maintenance Tips
Other Asian pears and 'Bartlett' are compatible. More than one cultivar must be planted in order to facilitate the best pollination and subsequent fruit production.
Average to Dry Soils