More About 'Redhaven'
- Prunus persica 'Redhaven'
- Large-sized, red with a yellow-blushed skin
- Juicy, with a unique, sweet and crisp flavour
- Heavy bearing, freestone peach
- Great for eating fresh, canning, freezing and baking
- Peaches ripen over a period of time, not all at once
- Good, winter hardiness
- Ripens: Late July
Redhaven peach is a self-pollinating cultivar, so it doesn't require a second plant nearby to set fruit.
Redhaven Peach Growing and Maintenance Tips
Peach trees grow best in all day sun, and may need thinning to reduce fruit count, to allow remaining fruits to reach full size. They are best grown in a slightly acidic, fertile, well-drained soil with consistent water. Supplement with phosphorous when planting.
Moist to Average