Parrotia persica 'Vanessa'
Also called Ironwood
More About Parrotia persica 'Vanessa'
- More compact and upright than the species
- Red tassel-like flowers appear before the leaves
- Green leaves emerge reddish and turn yellow, orange and red in the fall
- Bark exfoliates on mature stems
- Vase shaped, upright habit
- Bloom Time: March to April
Persian Ironwood Growing and Maintenance Tips
Parrotia grows best in a slightly acidic soil, with a tolerance for a range of soil types and conditions; an excellent plant for urban situations.
Parrotia persica 'Vanessa' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils
Average to Dry Soils
Landscape usesRoadside planting