Papaver orientale 'Royal Wedding'
More About Papaver orientale 'Royal Wedding'
- Bowl-shaped, papery-like, petaled flowers
- Pure white flowers with near-black, central markings and stamens
- Thistle-like, hairy, mid-green foliage
- Freely self-seeds from decorative, acorn-like, seed pods
- Dried, seed pods are often used in floral arrangements
- Bloom Time: May to June
- Flower Height: 80 cm
- Foliage Height: 50 cm
- Flower Size: 12 cm
Oriental Poppy Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants will go dormant in the summer, completely disappearing. Plant amongst later blooming perennials to fill the void. Wet or poorly drained soils will cause root rot, particularly in the winter. They are heat and drought tolerant.
Papaver orientale 'Royal Wedding' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum