Papaver orientale 'Beauty of Livermere'
Papaver orientale 'Beauty of Livermere' - Oriental Poppy - Photo courtesy of Sean James Consulting & Design
More About Papaver orientale 'Beauty of Livermere'
- Large, bowl-shaped, paper-like, petaled flowers
- Scarlet flowers with near-black central markings and stamens
- Thistle-like, hairy, mid-green foliage
- Freely self-seeds from decorative, acorn-like seed pods
- Dried seed pods are often used in floral arrangements
- Bloom Time: June to July
- Flower Height: 80 cm
- Foliage Height: 50 cm
- Flower Size: 20 cm
Oriental Poppy Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants will go dormant in the summer, completely disappearing. Plant amongst later blooming perennials to fill the void. Wet or poorly-drained soils will cause root rot, particularly in the winter. They are heat- and drought-tolerant.
Papaver orientale 'Beauty of Livermere' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum