Paeonia suffruticosa 'Kao'
More About Paeonia suffruticosa 'Kao'
- Double, bright red blooms with deeply ruffled petals
- Flowers age and show a distinct, lighter pink edging
- Pointed, dark green, deeply cut foliage
- Woody-stemmed, shrub-like habit
- Bloom Time: Late May to June
- Flower Size: 25 cm
Tree Peony Growing and Maintenance Tips
Tree peonies have a woody stem and the branches do not die back to the ground in the winter. Do not prune except to remove spent flowers. Plant in full sun or partial shade in a well-drained, evenly moist soil. They can be drought tolerant once established.
Paeonia suffruticosa 'Kao' Characteristics
Moist to Average