Paeonia Patio 'London'
More About Paeonia Patio 'London'
- Large, double, raspberry-pink blooms
- Dark green, compact foliage on very sturdy stems
- A prolific bloomer, excellent for containers
- Bloom Time: Late spring to early summer
- Flower Size: 15 cm
Paeonia flowers are described by one of the following:
- Single: Whorl of 5-10 broad, overlapping petals with a large, central group of stamens.
- Semi-double: Like single peonies, but with 2-3 whorls of broad, overlapping petals.
- Double: Large, spherical flowers with narrow, overlapping petals. Petals are often ruffled and fill the centre.
- Japanese (Anemone Form): Single or semi-double flowers with a crowded, central group of petaloides (small, petal-like structures).
Peony Growing and Maintenance Tips
Peonies do not like to be moved once established and will live for many years in the right location. Fall is the ideal time to prune or plant your bush peony to prepare for spring flowering. Prune your peony back to 1 to 3 inches from the ground in the fall. Throughout the blooming season, remove spent blooms just below the base of the flower to prevent seed development. Peonies are very suitable for container growing and are less likely to flop during flowering.
Paeonia Patio 'London' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Spr-Sum
Landscape usesPatio plants