Origanum vulgare 'Variegata'
More About Origanum vulgare 'Variegata'
- Hardy herb used for culinary purposes
- Rhizomatous, woody perennial
- Spreading stems bear rounded to ovate foliage
- Very fragrant, green leaves with creamy-white margins
- Clip fresh, as needed or can be dried for year-round use
- White to pink flowers
- Spreads less vigorously than the species
- Bloom Time: Summer
Variegated Majoram Growing and Maintenance Tips
Thrives in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun. May require dappled, afternoon shade to protect foliage from leaf scorch in hot, summer climates. Trimming plants before flowering will encourage foliage growth for harvesting.
Origanum vulgare 'Variegata' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesHerbal garden