Ocimum basilicum 'Purple Ruffles'
More About Ocimum basilicum 'Purple Ruffles'
- Erect, bushy, annual herb
- Narrowly oval to elliptic leaves
- Attractive, ruffled, deep purple foliage
- Pinkish-purple flowers
- Highly aromatic
- Both leaves and oils are used as flavouring agents
- Bloom Time: Midsummer to early fall
Purple Basil Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to moist, well-drained soil, in full sun. Pinching out the flowers will encourage a bushy habit and continued leave growth. Most basil are tender annuals, which are easy to grow, but very susceptible to frost damage. Do not plant outside until the threat of frost has passed in late spring.
Ocimum basilicum 'Purple Ruffles' Characteristics
Moist to Average