Nyssa sylvatica 'Wildfire'
Nyssa sylvatica 'Wildfire' - Wildfire Black Gum - New Growth - Photo courtesy of J. Frank Schmidt & Son Co.
More About Nyssa sylvatica 'Wildfire'
- Upright, oval to rounded crown
- Bright red foliage flush in the spring to green by summer
- Small, non-showy, greenish-white flowers
- Flowers give way to dark blue, oval fruit
- Obovate to elliptic leaves are brilliant red becoming dark green in the summer
- Foliage is a brilliant, scarlet colour in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Wildfire Black Gum Growing and Maintenance Tips
An excellent, ornamental, shade tree with two showings of incredible, red colour. This tree is suitable for a wide range of locations, including typically wetter areas.
Nyssa sylvatica 'Wildfire' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average