Nepeta x 'Early Bird'
Also called Catnip
More About Nepeta x 'Early Bird'
- Low growing, compact habit
- Violet-blue flower clusters rise slightly above the foliage
- Gray-green, aromatic, scalloped leaves
- Drought tolerant perennial
- Bloom Time: Early April to May
Some species, especially Nepeta cataria, attracts cats
Catmint Growing and Maintenance Tips
Grows best in an average to dry, well-drained soil, in full sun and is drought tolerant once established. Pruning plants back by half after the flowers fade, will promote a second bloom and help to maintain a compact habit.
Nepeta x 'Early Bird' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils