More About 'Hardired'
- Prunus persica 'Hardired'
- Orange-red, smooth skin
- Cold hardy, disease resistant
- Firm, flavourful, yellow flesh
- Semi-freestone and self-pollinating
- Almost no pit splitting
- Eat fresh, for desserts, canning or preserves
- Ripens: August
Hardired Nectarine Growing and Maintenance Tips
Nectarine trees grow best in all day sun, and may need thinning to reduce the fruit count to allow remaining fruits to reach full size. They are best grown in a slightly acidic, fertile, well-drained soil with consistent moisture.
Moist to Average