Mukdenia rossii 'Crimson Fans' (Karasuba)
Also called Red-leaf Mukdenia
More About Mukdenia rossii Crimson Fans ('Karasuba')
- AKA Aceriphyllum rossii 'Crimson Fans'
- Related to the coral bell family
- Dense panicles of white, bell-shaped flowers appear on short stems
- Large, maple-shaped leaves, 13 cm long
- Foliage emerges dark green and with maturity develops red edges
- Leaves remain red-tipped for the summer and intensify in the fall
- Bloom Time: May to June
- Flower Height: 40 cm
- Foliage Height: 30 cm
Mukdenia Growing and Maintenance Tips
Best grown in a consistently moist, well-drained soil, in partial shade. A good ground cover for shady sites, woodland gardens or borders.
Mukdenia rossii Crimson Fans ('Karasuba') Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average