More About Morus rubra
- Upright rounded to spreading tree
- Noted for its lobed leaves, reddish-brown bark and edible fruit
- Dark green, heart-shaped leaves
- Greenish flowers produce sweet, blackberry-like fruit
- Fruit can be used for jellies, jams and wines
- Bloom Time: Spring
Male and female flowers usually appear on separate trees. Male trees will obviously never bear fruit.
Red Mulberry Growing and Maintenance Tips
Thrives in a rich, moist, well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Urban sites are not recommended as the fruit is messy and stains pavements, automobiles and areas around the home.