Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea 'Karl Foerster'
More About Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea 'Karl Foerster'
- Forms a tufted upright clump of slightly arching, medium green leaves
- Open panicles rise well above the foliage
- Slender flower stalks gives the grass an airy appearance
- Long flower spikes change to tan seeds as they age
- Leaves turn a bright yellow in the fall
- Bloom Time: July
- Flower Colour: Purple
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 100 cm
- Grass Type: Cool Season
Karl Foerster Moor Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Molinia is slow to mature and could take 3-5 years to reach full size. Grows best in a moist, well-drained, acidic soil, in full sun to partial shade. You can trim back the dead foliage in the fall for a tidier appearance, or leave it until spring to improve winter interest and provide root protection.
Molinia caerulea ssp. arundinacea 'Karl Foerster' Characteristics
Moist to Wet Soils
Moist to Average
Landscape usesRooftop (extensive)