Miscanthus sinensis var. condensatus 'Cabaret'
More About Miscanthus sinensis var. condensatus 'Cabaret'
- Broad, variegated leaves form an arching clump
- Foliage has creamy-white centres with wide green margins
- Flowers are held on slightly arching stems
- Bloom Time: August to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Light pink turning to creamy-white
- Flower Height: 250 cm
- Foliage Height: 175-200 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Cabaret Japanese Silver Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis var. condensatus 'Cabaret' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall