Miscanthus sinensis 'Variegatus'
Also called Variegated Japanese Silver Grass
Miscanthus sinensis 'Variegatus' - Striped Eulalia Grass - Photo courtesy of Sean James Consulting & Design
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Variegatus'
- Leaves arch gracefully on upright stems, forming a loose clump
- Foliage is variegated with bright white and green stripes
- Bloom Time: September to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Red turning to silvery-white
- Flower Height: 225 cm
- Foliage Height: 150-200 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Striped Eulalia Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Variegatus' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall