Miscanthus sinensis 'Undine'
Suitable Substitutions for Miscanthus sinensis 'Undine'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Undine'
- Narrow green leaves with a silver midrib arch gracefully on sturdy, upright stems
- Foliage turns shades of orange and yellow in the fall
- Bloom Time: August to September
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Red turning silver-white
- Flower Height: 175 cm
- Foliage Height: 125-150 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Undine Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Undine' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall