Miscanthus sinensis 'Super Stripe'#PP18161, COPF
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Super Stripe' (PP18161, COPF)
- Leaves arch gracefully on sturdy, upright stems forming a loose upright clump
- Foliage is densely banded with horizontal stripes of gold and green
- Bloom Time: September to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Bronze turning white
- Flower Height: 225 cm
- Foliage Height: 100-125 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Super Stripe Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Note: This cultivar may not flower in our region, as it needs long, hot summers to produce abundant blooms.
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Super Stripe' (PP18161, COPF) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils