Miscanthus sinensis 'Stardust'
Also called Dwarf Maiden Grass
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Stardust'
- Forms a tight upright clump of graceful arching leaves on sturdy upright stems
- Petite with narrow green leaves with yellow flecks
- Bloom Time: September to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles, 15 cm long
- Flower Colour: Burgundy turning to creamy-tan
- Flower Height: 125 cm
- Foliage Height: 90 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Stardust Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Stardust' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils