Miscanthus sinensis 'Silver Spider' (Silberspinne)
More About Miscanthus sinensis Silver Spider ('Silberspinne')
- Narrow, green leaves with a silver midrib arch gracefully on sturdy, upright stems
- Forms a tight upright clump similar to M. 'Gracillimus'
- Foliage turns a bright cinnamon colour in the fall
- Bloom Time: August to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Red turning silver
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 90-120 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Silver Spider Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis Silver Spider ('Silberspinne') Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall