Miscanthus sinensis 'Silver Arrow' (Silberpfeil)
Suitable Substitutions for Miscanthus sinensis 'Silver Arrow' (Silberpfeil)
More About Miscanthus sinensis Silver Arrow ('Silberpfeil')
- Leaves arch gracefully on sturdy, upright stems forming an upright vase-shaped clump
- Foliage is variegated with bright white and green stripes
- This cultivar has a more upright form than M. 'Variegatus'
- Bloom Time: September to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Soft pink
- Flower Height: 225 cm
- Foliage Height: 125-175 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Silver Arrow Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis Silver Arrow ('Silberpfeil') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall