Miscanthus sinensis 'Roland'
Suitable Substitutions for Miscanthus sinensis 'Roland'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Roland'
- Broad green leaves with a silver midrib arch gracefully on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage turns shades of golden-tan in the fall lasting through the winter
- Bloom Time: August to September
- Flower Type: Large feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Pink turning pure white
- Flower Height: 250 cm
- Foliage Height: 175-200 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Roland Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Roland' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesFoundation planting