Miscanthus sinensis 'Rigoletto'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Rigoletto'
- Leaves arch gracefully on sturdy upright stems, forming a loose, upright clump
- Foliage is variegated; creamy-white with green stripes
- This is a more compact cultivar of M. 'Variegatus'
- Bloom Time: September to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Bronze-red turning silver-white
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 100-125 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Rigoletto Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Rigoletto' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)