Miscanthus sinensis 'Nippon'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Nippon'
- Green leaves with a silver midrib arch gracefully on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage turns shades of red and bronze in the fall
- Grass forms a tight upright arching clump
- Bloom Time: July to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Burgundy turning creamy-white
- Flower Height: 125 cm
- Foliage Height: 90-100 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Nippon Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Nippon' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall