Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus'
- Broad green leaves with a silver midrib arch gracefully on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage turns shades of red and bronze in the fall
- Bloom Time: August to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles, 35 cm long
- Flower Colour: Deep pink changing to mahogany-red, then silver
- Flower Height: 200 cm
- Foliage Height: 125-150 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Malepartus Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Malepartus' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall