Miscanthus sinensis 'Little Zebra'#PP13008
Also called Dwarf Zebra Grass
Miscanthus sinensis 'Little Zebra' - Little Zebra Maiden Grass - Photo courtesy of Walters Gardens, Inc.
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Little Zebra' (PP13008)
- Forms a tight upright clump of graceful arching leaves on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage is irregular horizontally banded with yellow and green
- Bloom Time: September to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles, 15 cm long
- Flower Colour: Wine-purple turning to creamy-tan
- Flower Height: 125 cm
- Foliage Height: 80-100 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Little Zebra Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Little Zebra' (PP13008) Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils