Miscanthus sinensis 'Little Fountain' (Kleine Fontaine)
More About Miscanthus sinensis Little Fountain ('Kleine Fontaine')
- Green leaves with silver midribs arch gracefully on sturdy, upright stems
- Compact cultivar that blooms earlier than most miscanthus
- Foliage turns a golden colour in the fall and remains through the winter
- Bloom Time: July to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Red turning to silver-pink
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 90-100 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Little Fountain Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis Little Fountain ('Kleine Fontaine') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils