Miscanthus sinensis 'Kirk Alexander'
Also called Dwarf Zebra Grass
Suitable Substitutions for Miscanthus sinensis 'Kirk Alexander'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Kirk Alexander'
- Forms a tight upright clump of bright yellow and green horizontally-banded leaves
- Leaves arch gracefully on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage turns a golden colour in the fall and remains through the winter
- Bloom Time: September to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Light pink turning to tan
- Flower Height: 125 cm
- Foliage Height: 60-90 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Kirk Alexander Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Kirk Alexander' Characteristics
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Average to Dry Soils