Miscanthus sinensis 'Huron Blush'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Huron Blush'
- A smaller cultivar with broad green leaves with a white midrib
- Foliage turns a golden colour in the fall and remains through the winter
- Bloom Time: September to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Soft pink aging to tan, holding into the winter
- Flower Height: 140 cm
- Foliage Height: 90-100 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Huron Blush Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Huron Blush' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall