Miscanthus sinensis 'Grosse Fontaine'
Suitable Substitutions for Miscanthus sinensis 'Grosse Fontaine'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Grosse Fontaine'
- Green leaves with a silver midrib arch gracefully on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage turns a golden colour in the fall and remains through the winter
- Bloom Time: September to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Silver-purple turning to silver-white
- Flower Height: 225 cm
- Foliage Height: 150-175 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Big Fountain Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Grosse Fontaine' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)