Miscanthus sinensis 'Graziella'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Graziella'
- Forms a tight vase-shaped clump of long slender arching leaves
- Green leaf blades have a silver midrib and are sharply serrated
- Foliage turns shades of orange and red in the fall
- Bloom Time: August to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Silvery-white
- Flower Height: 175 cm
- Foliage Height: 125-150 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Graziella' Characteristics
Soil MoistureAverage to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall