Miscanthus sinensis 'Gracillimus'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Gracillimus'
- Forms a tight vase-shaped clump of slender arching leaves
- Green leaf blades are sharp-edged with a silver midrib
- Foliage turns a golden-tan in the fall, remaining through the winter
- Bloom Time: October to November
- Flower Type: Small, feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Copper-red turning to a silvery-white
- Flower Height: 225 cm
- Foliage Height: 150-180 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Gracillimus' Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)