Miscanthus sinensis 'Goliath'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Goliath'
- Green leaves with a silver midrib are 2.5 cm wide, arching gracefully on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage turns a golden colour in the fall and remains through the winter
- Bloom Time: September to November
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles, 40 cm long
- Flower Colour: Red turning to white
- Flower Height: 275 cm
- Foliage Height: 200-225 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Goliath Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Goliath' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)