Miscanthus sinensis 'Gold Bar'#PP15193, CPBR3114
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Gold Bar' (PP15193, CPBR3114)
- Forms a tight upright clump of yellow and green horizontally-banded leaves
- 'Gold Bar' is shorter and more densely banded than Miscanthus sinensis 'Strictus'
- Miscanthus sinensis 'Gold Bar' is a slow grower and could take up to 4 years to reach its full size
- Bloom Time: September to October
- Flower Type: Small, feathery panicles
- Flower colour: Burgundy turning to beige
- Flower Height: 150 cm
- Foliage Height: 90-125 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Dwarf Porcupine Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in the spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Gold Bar' (PP15193, CPBR3114) Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall