Miscanthus sinensis 'Fire Dragon'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Fire Dragon'
- Forms a tight upright clump of graceful arching leaves on upright stems
- Green leaves turn orange and red in autumn
- Bloom Time: September to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Burgundy turning to creamy-tan
- Flower Height: 200 cm
- Foliage Height: 180 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Fire Dragon Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Fire Dragon' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Landscape usesRoadside planting