Miscanthus sinensis 'Cosmopolitan'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Cosmopolitan'
- Leaves up to 25 mm wide arch gracefully on sturdy upright stems
- Foliage is variegated with dark green centres and creamy-white stripes, turning tan in the fall
- Feathery panicles of coppery-red flowers turn beige
- Bloom Time: Late summer
- Flower Colour: Coppery-red to beige
- Flower Height: 275 cm
- Foliage Height: 175-200 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Cosmopolitan Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Cosmopolitan' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall
Foliage ColorGreen (dark)