Miscanthus sinensis 'Blooming Wonder' (Blutenwunder)
More About Miscanthus sinensis Blooming Wonder ('Blutenwunder')
- Green leaves arch gracefully on upright stems, forming a tight clump
- Foliage turns a golden-tan in the fall, remaining through the winter
- Bloom Time: Late summer
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white to beige
- Flower Height: 200 cm
- Foliage Height: 150-175 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Blooming Wonder Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis Blooming Wonder ('Blutenwunder') Characteristics
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeLt. Sum-Fall