Miscanthus sinensis 'Andante'
Suitable Substitutions for Miscanthus sinensis 'Andante'
More About Miscanthus sinensis 'Andante'
- Forms a loose clump of green arching leaves, wider than most other miscanthus cultivars
- Green foliage, with a distinct silver midrib, turns shades of yellow in the fall
- Bloom Time: September to October
- Flower Type: Feathery panicles
- Flower Colour: Silvery-pink aging to silver
- Flower Height: 250-275 cm
- Foliage Height: 200 cm
- Grass Type: Warm Season
Warm Season Grasses: These grasses are much slower starting in the spring. They do not push new growth until temperatures warm in early to midsummer. They flower later in the summer or fall with most blooms remaining into the winter. Most warm season grasses tolerate heat, humidity and drought; some even thrive in these conditions.
Andante Maiden Grass Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plants should be divided, in spring, every few years, to maintain freshness. Foliage can be left standing all winter, however, it should be pruned early to mid-spring to make way for new growth.
Miscanthus sinensis 'Andante' Characteristics
Moist to Average
Landscape usesScreening (privacy)