Mentha suaveolens 'Variegata'
Also called Variegated Apple Mint
More About Mentha suaveolens 'Variegata'
- AKA Mentha rotundifolia 'Variegata'
- Tiny, mauve flowers form dense spikes in late summer
- Variegated green with irregular, white-edged leaves, 3-5 cm long
- Leaves have an apple fragrance
- Used as a garnish for fruit drinks
- Bloom Time: Late summer
Pineapple Mint Growing and Maintenance Tips
Plant in full sun with afternoon shade. Pruning rogue, green stems will help preserve variegation. Best grown in average to evenly moist conditions.
Mentha suaveolens 'Variegata' Characteristics
Bog or water garden
Soil MoistureMoist to Average
Moist to Wet Soils