More About 'Selkirk'
- Upright, broadly rounded, growth habit
- Deep pink buds open to fragrant, single, pink flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by large, red-purple crabapples
- Leaves are red-green in the summer
- Foliage turns yellow in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Selkirk Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that is attractive to birds.
Moist to Average
Average to Dry Soils
Flowering TimeEarly Spring