More About 'Royalty'
- Upright, broadly rounded, growth habit
- Purple buds open to deep pink flowers before the leaves emerge
- Flowers are followed by small, dark red crabapples
- Leaves are dark purple in the summer
- Foliage turns crimson-purple in the fall
- Bloom Time: Spring
Royalty Crabapple Growing and Maintenance Tips
Use as a specimen, in small groups or mixed with other cultivars. Crabapples have visual appeal in the spring with their abundance of showy flowers. Added appeal lies in the fall and winter with their colourful fruit that is attractive to birds.
Average to Dry Soils
Moist to Average
Flowering TimeEarly Spring